Spring Maryland Home & Garden Show
Maryland State Fairgrounds
2200 York Road
Saturday, March 1 and Sunday, March 2, 2014
Friday, March 7 through Sunday, March 9, 2014
Saturday, March 1, 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.*
Sunday, March 2, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Friday, March 7, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Saturday, March 8, 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.*
Sunday, March 9, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
*Craft show closes at 8 p.m.
The Maryland Home & Garden Show is blooming with vibrant color—bold and beautiful flower, tree, and shrub arrangements will illuminate the Timonium Fairgrounds as inspiration for indoor and outdoor lawn and landscape masterpieces. Getting homeowners ready for spring, hundreds of landscape and home experts will display their latest designs and products just in time for the beginning of spring projects that were put off all winter. Over two weekends, the Maryland Home & Garden Show, now in its 33rd year, will feature:
- Landscaped Gardens: Home lawn enthusiasts won’t want to miss the brilliantly landscaped spring gardens. Local landscape professionals will showcase unique solutions for outdoor living in beautifully designed displays including blossoming flowers, water features, stone features and fire pits.
- More than 300 home improvement exhibitors: Nationally-recognized home experts will offer the latest and greatest indoor and outdoor home products and services – from decks, patios, kitchens and baths to cabinets, countertops, hot tubs and water proofing. Many will be offering show-exclusive specials.
- Orioles Head Groundskeeper: One of only two female head groundskeepers in MLB, Nicole McFadyen will offer tips, tricks and techniques on growing beautiful and functional grass. Nicole will also speak on her rise to head groundskeeper for the Baltimore Orioles and will field Q&A’s with visitors. Orioles fans won’t want to miss meeting the leading lady in charge of home field advantage.
- Horticulture Hall (2nd weekend): The Maryland Orchid Society Show & Sale, a deeply-rooted spring show favorite, will feature thousands of vivid and rare flowers. For those interested in the art of bonsai, the Baltimore Bonsai Club’s will provide educational exhibits on how to design and maintain your own bonsai.
- Petting Zoo (2nd weekend): Also located in Horticulture Hall—Green Meadows Farms will provide families interested in a hands-on animal encounter with the chance to pet goats, sheep, alpacas, llama, donkeys, bunnies, guinea pigs, a pot belly pig, calves and a tortoise!
- Maryland Spring Craft Show: More than 125 juried craftspeople will display and sell one-of-a-kind, handmade creations, including fine art, jewelry, pottery, fashion and home accessories.
- Free Seminars, Consultations: Enjoy savvy, one-on-one interior design consultations from members of the American Society of Interior Designers. Come prepared with your photos, floor plans and design questions to receive complimentary expert advice. Free seminars include topics ranging from flower arranging to kitchen remodeling and rain water harvesting.
Tickets to the Maryland Home & Garden Show at the Maryland State Fairgrounds are $12 for adults, $10 for seniors, $3 for kids ages 6-12, and free for children under 6 years old. Admission to the Maryland Spring Craft Show only is $6. Receive $2 off your ticket and free parking when you buy tickets online at http://www.mdhomeandgarden.com/spring.
The Maryland Home & Garden Show is sponsored by M&T Bank.
For more information on the Maryland Home & Garden Show, visit www.mdhomeandgarden.com/spring or call (410) 863-1180.