Date(s) - Saturday, January 23, 2016
9:30 am - 12:00 pm
Beth Israel Congregation
Looking for something different? Join us for a joyous and spiritual Shabbat at Beth Israel.
Dress is casual. Festive Kiddush lunch to follow programming.
Choose your own experience:
• 9:30 a.m. Opening morning service in the David Phillip Gresser Sanctuary.
• 9:30 a.m. Beth Israel Community Learning Lab programming.
• 10:00 a.m. Stay in the David Phillip Gresser Sanctuary for Torah reading & discussion.
• 10:00 a.m. “The Psalm Dance”: Experience the resonance of the power of Psalms through our bodies, with Joyce Wolpert.
• 10:00 a.m. Community Service Project: Prepare sandwiches and goodie bags for a community shelter.
• 11:00 a.m. Tot Shabbat with Shirley the Shabbat Fairy.
• 11:00 a.m. Speed Torah: Study of the week’s parsha, B’Shallach, with a speed dating twist, led by Rabbi Marc Blatt.
• 11:00 a.m. Musical Program: Learn tunes and share your voice. Join Cory Hermann, Jewish educator and musician.
• 11:45 a.m. Musical Performance by Beth Israel’s own Choir, Shirat HaLev, and Cantor Eisenberg in the David Phillip Gresser Sanctuary.
Save the Date, March 12
The next ReJewvenate Shabbat program. Featuring a Yoga session led by Edith Brotman, and a special, alternative minyan. Plan to dress casually and bring your yoga mats.
Sponsored by the Hilda and Gilbert Hillman Endowment Fund.