Date(s) - Sunday, October 29, 2017
9:45 am - 12:30 pm
Beth Israel Congregation
Featuring Keynote Speaker, Dr. Wilbur Chen, infectious disease specialist at the University of Maryland School of Medicine, who will discuss: An Ounce of Prevention: Guarding Against Infection in the Home, Workplace, Hospital and Abroad
This informative morning also includes breakout sessions:
– “Help! Help! I Can’t Get Up”: What You Need to Know about Fall Prevention – presented by Daniel Mansour, Pharm. D, Dr. Linda Horne, Physical Therapist and Ms. Emily Drach, Occupational Therapist, all from the University of Maryland at Baltimore.
– Start the Heart and Save a Live: How to Administer Hands-only CPR – taught by Julian Sless
– Mind the (Medi) Gap: Helpful Hints for Selecting Supplemental Insurance – presented by Ron Wolf, Partner, Blue Harbor Benefits
– Mindfulness and Stress: Easy Exercises to Help You Relax – taught by Lee Halfpenny, Instructor, Hopewell Cancer Support
– Social Emotional Health: Talking to Your Elementary and Middle Schoolers about Healty Relationships – presented by Zoe Reznick Gewanter, Prevention Educator, CHANA
Visit the Resource Fair for flu shots, information on the prevention, treatment and management of a wide variety of illnesses, resources for education and support, and strategies for healthy living.
– Baltimore County Department of Health
– Blue Harbor Benefits
– Epilepsy Foundation Chesapeake Region
– Fall Prevention (University of MD School of Pharmacy)
– Flu Shots (Giant Pharmacy)
– Genetic Counseling/Testing (University of MD)
– Hopewell Cancer Support
– Integrative Medicine (University of MD)
– Kidney Foundation
– Living Legacy/Donate Life
– Maryland Citizen’s Health Initiative/ Maryland Faith Health Network
– Maryland Society for Sight
– Medical Alert Systems
– NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness
– SCALE: Snyder Center for Aphasia Life Enhancement
– 9:15 – 9:30am Registration and Welcome. Resource Fair opens for the entire morning
– 9:30 – 10:15am Keynote Speaker
– 11:00 – 11:30am Breakout Session 1
– 11:45am – 12:15pm Breakout Session 2
– 12:30pm Resource Fair closes
Pre-registration is encouraged but not required. Please help us plan for the day by going to tinyurl.com/BIHealthFair.
For more information, please email email@example.com, or call 410-654-0800.
This event is FREE and open to the community!