1st Sunday of every month
Bring your dog the First SUNDAY of each month at 11 am! Hike on the grounds of our animal shelter’s forested wildlife sanctuary in Reisterstown, led by Dr. Mary Zink, Baltimore Humane Society Veterinary Medical Director of the Low Cost Veterinary Wellness Spay/Neuter Center.
· Approximately 45 min-1 hour in duration
· BYO DOG (Proof of rabies vaccination required)
· Rain or Shine
· $2 per dog participation fee and no prior registration required
· Moderate hiking level so dog and hiker need to be able to maneuver trees, hills, and streams
· All dogs must be on a 4-6 ft leash (no retractable leashes permitted) and walked by a hiker that is 14 years of age or older
· Bring plenty drinking water for yourself and your dog
· Appropriate hiking attire is recommended à comfortable, flexible, closed-toe shoes and durable clothing that can withstand mud, tall grass, twigs, stickers, stream water etc.
Join SpongeBob SquarePants and his underwater friends on a rollicking adventure in Bikini Bottom this spring with SpongeBob SquarePants 4-D – The Great Jelly Rescue attraction, coming to National Aquarium’s 4-D Immersion Theater from March 1, 2014 through November 13, 2014.
READY TO QUIT SMOKING?
FREE “Up in Smoke”ⓒ quit smoking classes are starting at the ARC in Baltimore, located at 7215 York Road, Baltimore, MD 21212.
FREE patches, gum or lozenges are provided. Meet from 12:00 noon – 1:00 PM on Wednesdays, May 21 – June 25.
Bring your lunch! Bring a friend!
To sign up, call Anita at 443-279-1225, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t wait – call now!
Funded by the Baltimore County Cigarette Restitution Fund.
- Starting June 10, B’nai Israel Congregation, 27 Lloyd Street, the Downtown Shul, will be offering Tuesday Torah, a weekly learning program:
- 3:30-4:30pm Jewish Philosophy with Rabbi Mintz
- 7:00-8:00pm Torah Happy Hour including pizza and beer, guest speakers and learning.
On June 6th, at 7:00 p.m. the spiritual center, located at 430 Main Street in Reisterstown will show the original version of The Wizard of Oz; the following Wednesday begins an 8-week course based on the book: The Wizard of Us, by Dr. Jean Houston. Participants will look through a mythic lens and discover how Dorothy’s adventures in the magical land of Oz can inspire us today, offering valuable tools to guide us through challenging times in our lives.
The 8-week course will be held at the Center on Wednesday evenings, beginning June 11th through July 30th from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. The cost is $20 registration fee and $80 for the class– $10 week. Space is limited so early registration is recommended. visit http://www.centercl.org or call 410-318-8877
Career and Workforce Development Workshop
Join Stevenson University and Councilwoman Vicki Almond for a FREE workshop at Brown School of Business and Leadership
100 Campus Circle
Owings Mills, MD
Keynote Speaker: Elliot D. Lasson, Ph.D.: Executive Director Joblink of Maryland, Inc.
Followed by a panel discussion
▪ Ask questions
▪ Review your resume
▪ Discuss your career path
▪ Consult on workforce development issues
** To RSVP, please contact Susan Shlala at email@example.com or 443.352.4219.
To have your resume reviewed, please attach a copy of your current resume to the RSVP email
Join us June 19th from 6-8pm for the Baltimore Icons Opening Reception. The exhibit features paintings of landmarks and scenes that are unique to Baltimore. Traditional painted screens and screens by modern day screen painters will also be on display.
Participating artists: Jill Basham, Claudia Brookes, Fred Craig, Ann Crostic, John Ginovsky, Tim Kelly, Janice Kirsh, Dan Lowenthal, Crystal Moll, Murray Taylor, Carol Lee Thompson, & Fran Wood
Featured Screen Painters: John Iampieri, Anna Lipka, William Oktavec, and Anna Pasqualucci
Paul Snyder will be here playing Live Jazz!!
On view through August 2nd