Tuesday, October 8, 2013 - Tuesday, October 7, 2014
Baltimore Happiness Club
The Baltimore Happiness Club (BHC), a drop-in support group for anyone who wishes to increase their level of happiness, has been meeting weekly for 1.5 years.
BHC is based on Gateway to Happiness, by Rabbi Zelig Pliskin, and on the premise that happiness is a skill that can be learned. Whereas some people are “born happy,” most of us are not always naturally happy, but we can learn to be.
BHC is an interactive, lively group that uses Rabbi Pliskin and other happiness teachers as sources. Through simple exercises, discussion, and sharing real-life situations, we learn to increase and improve our happiness skills and equip ourselves to be more resilient and, through taking charge of our happiness, to take charge of our lives.
Sunday, January 5, 2014 - Sunday, January 4, 2015
Sunday Dog Hikes with the Doctor At Baltimore Humane Society
1st Sunday of every month
Bring your dog the First SUNDAY of each month at 11 am! Hike on the grounds of our animal shelter’s forested wildlife sanctuary in Reisterstown, led by Dr. Mary Zink, Baltimore Humane Society Veterinary Medical Director of the Low Cost Veterinary Wellness Spay/Neuter Center.
· Approximately 45 min-1 hour in duration
· BYO DOG (Proof of rabies vaccination required)
· Rain or Shine
· $2 per dog participation fee and no prior registration required
· Moderate hiking level so dog and hiker need to be able to maneuver trees, hills, and streams
· All dogs must be on a 4-6 ft leash (no retractable leashes permitted) and walked by a hiker that is 14 years of age or older
· Bring plenty drinking water for yourself and your dog
· Appropriate hiking attire is recommended à comfortable, flexible, closed-toe shoes and durable clothing that can withstand mud, tall grass, twigs, stickers, stream water etc.
Saturday, March 1, 2014 - Thursday, November 13, 2014
SpongeBob SquarePants 4-D At National Aquarium
Join SpongeBob SquarePants and his underwater friends on a rollicking adventure in Bikini Bottom this spring with SpongeBob SquarePants 4-D – The Great Jelly Rescue attraction, coming to National Aquarium’s 4-D Immersion Theater from March 1, 2014 through November 13, 2014.
Tuesday, June 10, 2014 - Tuesday, September 9, 2014
Tuesday Torah @ B’nai Israel
- Starting June 10, B’nai Israel Congregation, 27 Lloyd Street, the Downtown Shul, will be offering Tuesday Torah, a weekly learning program:
3:30-4:30pm Jewish Philosophy with Rabbi Mintz
7:00-8:00pm Torah Happy Hour including pizza and beer, guest speakers and learning.
Wednesday, June 11, 2014 - Wednesday, July 30, 2014
The Hero’s Journey
On June 6th, at 7:00 p.m. the spiritual center, located at 430 Main Street in Reisterstown will show the original version of The Wizard of Oz; the following Wednesday begins an 8-week course based on the book: The Wizard of Us, by Dr. Jean Houston. Participants will look through a mythic lens and discover how Dorothy’s adventures in the magical land of Oz can inspire us today, offering valuable tools to guide us through challenging times in our lives.
The 8-week course will be held at the Center on Wednesday evenings, beginning June 11th through July 30th from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. The cost is $20 registration fee and $80 for the class– $10 week. Space is limited so early registration is recommended. visit http://www.centercl.org or call 410-318-8877