Make An Israeli Flag
May 30, 2013
- long cardboard roll
- large sheet of white paper
- blue crayon, marker, or paint
- Fold the piece of paper into four parts. Cut off one piece (see model)
- Draw an Israeli flag in one of the folded areas. The Israeli flag has two stripes, one near the top, the other near the bottom, and a Jewish star in the center.
- Glue the remaining plain areas around the cardboard roll.
- Bring your flag to synagogue on Simchat Torah and join in the hakafot (processionals).
(adapted from “Jewish Holiday Crafts for Little Hands” by Ruth Esrig Brin, Kar-Ben Copies, Inc., Rockville, 1993.)